Saturday, January 14, 2017

Theme song: From me for me

"Cause I'm gonna stand by you
Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through hell with you
Love, you're not alone, cause I'm gonna stand by you"
Stand By You, Rachel Platten 
Chanced upon this song while updating my dismal song collection, and I fell in love with it immediately. It was the perfect rendition of the many conversations I had with myself - my best friend as well as my worst enemy. I can recall countless occasions when I've scolded and "slapped" myself out of a funk, or gently cajole and rationalise how things are never as bleak as they may seem in my head. I sound deluded, but I've always managed to re-calibrate my emotions this way, so.. whatever works right?

I remembered the Bestie (the real one, not the imaginary one) eagerly sharing the other hit by the same artiste, Fight Song, with me at a time when she found inspiration in it, and this horrible friend (me) kind of crinkled my nose at it, "Um, it's a bit too 'motivational' for me." Bad bestie.

Fast forward months later, when I heard this song and then realised it's by the same singer. Heh. No wonder we are besties! (Nope I didn't share this excitedly with her, heh. *sheepish*) So Bestie, this is for you as much as it's for myself too. I think you know what I mean.

And yes, like Ally McBeal, I have a theme song. It changes from time to time, but it's always nice to have one at any one point. I feel like my life is more fascinating when I can find a song to describe exactly how I felt at that moment. Like I'm in a movie, you know? I'm not even kidding, how embarrassing.

Rambling aside, I hope you like this song. (But don't tell me if you don't, okay?) ;)

No comments: