Wednesday, November 29, 2017

The expert time waster

That's me, usually 80% of the time, but these days it feels like 120% of the time.

The cycle is always almost identical each time - I have a grand plan of each task and project I need to do, with a reasonable timeline and the exact steps required to get there.

Then I just sit around and allow myself to be distracted - no, scratch that, I intentionally seek out various random, nonsensical distractions to deviate from that well constructed plan. All the way till I have no time left and scramble at 100% to get everything done, and scrape by at the last minute by the skin of my teeth.

UGH. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF.

This procrastination monkey problem is now a full blown infestation and it just feels like I am both the parent and the child in my life situation, and both are out of control at the moment.

Irks the hell outta me, but that rebellious inner kid has just been given her way for too long. Plus, as much as I used to breezily laugh at myself, shrugging, "Oh well, I thrive on adrenaline!" I am getting sick of this sillyness. That's not the right way to live, literally wasting my life away.

So I am pulling an intervention, on myself.

This has to stop. Today. No more.

I refuse to let myself become the type of parent I abhor.

*marches off with resolve* Will report back on progress in two weeks.

P.s: See, this is why I can't see myself having children - how can I be responsible for bringing up another person when I can't even have a proper handle on myself?!

4 comments:

nua-ster said...

ditto.
>.<

b.muse said...

@nua-ster: :p

imp said...

but you still make the deadlines....!

b.muse said...

@imp: but all that time wasted before leh! Haha. :p