Sunday, February 12, 2017

Rain-washed

I love rainy days.

There's something refreshing and comforting about watching sheets and drops of water falling from the skies onto the various surfaces on earth. Be it spectacular thunderstorms or gentle drifts of light showers, there's just something wondrous about it, and how the colours of everything just look a bit brighter, yet gentler as well after the rain. It cleanses while it softens too.

Snapped this picture at the end of a rainy day while I was making my way to the train station, of the waterlogged field just next to the office. The field had been transformed into a tiny pond, and it just looked rather scenic to me. Temporary beauty captured on the handy phone cam.

Such things make me smile. Simple beauty and nature's grace. :)

I guess this is "ponding".

No comments: