Friday, January 13, 2023

Final cheesy meal

For the final full day of my trip, it was yet another sad rainy day, which also called for the perfect wet weather lunch that required minimal cooking or prep time: Fondue! Another meal that in-laws knew I missed out on in Savoie and were determined to make up for me. Haha. I certainly have no objections over having yummy cheese. 

Bread cut into bite-sized pieces, charcuterie, a big green salad and some cornichons on the side, and of course that large hearty pot of cheese mixed with wine. It was divine. 

If it seems like all I did was eat, eat and eat some more on this trip, you are certainly not far from the truth. Mealtimes here are all about conversations and companionship though, so I'd like to think that they are more bonding exercises than simply acts of gluttony, with the added benefit of French listening comprehension practice for me, heh. All very constructive.

At least that's my story and I am sticking to it. 😇

More cheese, why not.

No comments: