Wednesday, January 25, 2023

A quiet afternoon in

Thanks to Lunar New Year starting on a Sunday, it was such a treat to have the third day of LNY off as well - somehow even though we still get 2 business days off, mentally it made a difference. 

Had L over for the afternoon, which was perfect for me to order an easy delicious lunch from Suguru Dining, this small business that started in the midst of the pandemic and has consistently churned out decent home delivery of fresh Japanese seafood. This day, we also scored a one-day special offer and had their full Couple's set, with 100g of Hokkaido Bafun uni, snow crab, scallops and ikura alongside their signature truffle somen. I added on an order of half a dozen of their sashimi grade Hyogo flash-frozen oysters, and it made for a beautiful lunch at home, washed down with an easy bottle of Sancerre 2018. Yum. We took our time savouring the food, and chatting about various topics - this is another girlfriend I see often, so our conversation topics really range from the most frivolous trivials to random deep thoughts that we were musing on lately. Ha. Given that the meal itself was relatively light, we indulged in some cheese, as well as chocs and cookies that I'd brought back from Luxembourg. 

Then it was retro movie/tv time, as I introduced this poor deprived girl to The Sound of Music, as well as Ally McBeal. Haha. Over the past year, I have been notorious for snarkily judging some girlfriends on their sad childhood/teen years and forcing them to watch my favourite Disney/Hollywood movies. I say forced, by truthfully they were very willing participants who all enjoyed the education, so it's win win all around. :p

Times like this make me realise how much I really love having friends over, or spending time at friends' place sometimes - these easy chums whom I'm shameless to impose myself upon, are the same ones I would host anytime, having the luxury of just doing nothing and anything together in our own space and element. Quality time indeed.  

Cosy!


No comments: