Sunday, January 29, 2017

Stolen words

"The body benefits from movement,

and the mind benefits from stillness."

Sakyong Mispham
And this is why I love reading quotes (or just reading) in general - words like this that make me go "ah, of course!", crystallising thoughts that I didn't even know were floating in the brain.

Love.

This one in particular made me realise why I find exercise so addictive and invigorating - the more hectic life and work gets, the more I instinctively yearn for a good active session. Conversely, at times, all I crave is complete quiet and stillness to clear that head space, where the thoughts have the freedom to float about, sort themselves out and settle into the realisation of what the heart knew already to be the right place to be.

Amazing, and also a good reminder to balance the schedule so I have time for both. 

No comments: