Monday, July 12, 2021

Rainbow kisses

 

The sweetest boy
Dear Pistol,

My very first (fur)godson. Through all the years I've seen and heard about you, I will always remember how you are such a forever puppy, so exuberant and full of passion and life, and crazily smart. You are the best friend to your mom for all the times that I couldn't be, and I can always feel her heart bursting with love and pride whenever she regales me with all your antics, from the little pup who learnt how to turn on her heater yourself when she is at school, to embarrassing her on her walk with you in town by stopping strategically in front of luxury boutiques to relieve yourself, to how you would "train" your signature flop to prepare for when Godma comes to visit, because you were told that I prefer cats over dogs. 

I'm not sure if you ever knew, but as much as I often show you a stoic face despite all your efforts to charm me when I visit, you melt my heart with how simply loving and adoring you are to your pawrents, and also to this rather cold Godma. Sorry that I didn't get to see you one more time before you joined Bullet at the rainbow bridge, but while I shed a tear of goodbye today for you, I am immensely glad that you got to live such a happy joyful life. You had the best pawrents, and I know they love you so much and deeply that it truly shattered their heart to bid you goodbye even though they know it's time. 

I have been dreading this day, but now that it's arrived, I send you off with all my love and wishes. Run free like puppies and chase all the balls like you always did. Say hi to Bullet and enjoy being reunited with your forever love. Watch over your mummy and daddy, they will miss you so much.

Thank you for loving me, so very much, and I hope you know I love you in my very subdued way. 

xoxo
Godma

No comments: