Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Oh, glorious solitude

INFPs often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, INFPs may start to lose touch, withdrawing into "hermit mode", and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world. 
(From this article)
Tadah! My lazy way of explaining why I love being by myself and in "my own little world" as AB has come to term it.

Full disclosure (which is extremely rare from me, haha): I didn't intend to use my Myer-Briggs profile to explain my love of solitude, but it just so happened that I came across this article unwittingly just as I was working on the draft for this post. How amazingly apt.

I'd like to think it's a strength to enjoy one's own company, although it does need to be moderated at times just so I don't end up alienating others. I'm positive that I have a good handle on that though. It's really not that I'm anti-social, but more like I'm very selectively social, if that's even a term.

I do think this penchant for relishing alone-time is what fuels my liking for long distance running and swimming too. These activities are such a joy when you get to shut out everything else and just be.

Guess that also explains my constant fascination with personality/psychological tests - I just like being in my own head so much that I enjoy any chance to examine why I feel that way.

And guess that gives new meaning to the description of "self-centred". :p

Bliss: 100 laps, empty pool. 



No comments: