Monday, January 16, 2017

Back to the greens

While I've thoroughly enjoyed the fine foods during the stay in Luxembourg, it felt equally refreshing to come back to my regular staples of salads and soups when we returned to Singapore.

Don't get me wrong though, while there were quite a number of rich meals on my trip, we didn't pig out at every meal, and one thing I really appreciated from the dining/cooking habits of AB's family was that it was as much about enjoying your food, as it is about balance. There were some meals that were just light and refreshing, and plenty of use of what's in season. It was an amazing education and an extremely delightful one too - the art of taking pleasure in your food and making sure you listen to your body too in planning the meals.

Back to what I was saying - my usual lunch options tend to be quite green, mainly because I actually really enjoy them - one of my many awesome quirks, heh. I am also blessed that having the office in the CBD area meant I have more than a handful of selections for these. More often than not, you will find me chomping on these at my desk - I view lunchtime as my own mini-break, and at least a few times a week, it's handy for me to grab on the way back from the gym.

For this collage I've actually included a few that were not from the weekday lunches, one was a dinner and another was my weekend brunch. Guess I really did miss my greens, not because I didn't have any, but just shows how much I have them on a regular basis.

Green, brown, red, yellow and white - Happy medleys.


No comments: