Monday, January 23, 2023

Back on the wheels!

Happiness is getting back on the bike for my first ride of 2023, on the first day of the Lunar New Year. :)

I never thought I would utter these words, but I've missed cycling, over the month-long break from it due to travels and un-bike-friendly weather when I returned. 

Thanks to this unusual rainy weather too, I had to settle for a much shorter (by distance as well as duration) ride just in the hood, squeezed in between showers that morning. 

Not a big deal though - truth be told, I was also slightly apprehensive but majorly relieved that I actually finally understood the saying, "It's like riding a bike", hahaha. That was something I never related to, seeing that I never figured out how to ride, so it never made sense. 

But as I climbed onto the bike and kicked off, the muscles just knew what to do, and that still-new-but-familiar joy and pleasure and exhilarating feeling of freedom came flooding back. Wheee. So fun! 

It was a short 45-minute ride, just enough to refresh the techniques I had picked up last year, and remember crucial details like turning on the front and back lights. :p

Now to wait for the weather gods to bless my next ride, hopefully before this lunar new year ends!

For posterity


No comments: